Thursday, July 28, 2011

Can I pick 'em or what?

A few weeks ago I posted my top 8 picks for America's Got Talent in my review section. I also added my youtube pick. So far all of my picks but one has made it to the semi-finals. There is one act left to perform in next weeks (the last quarter final) show. He is the Kinetic King. I have no doubt he will make it as well.

Even Lys Agnes made it. I picked her to make it to the finals in the original show but I had my doubts after Tuesday nights performance. It seems most people in America are like me. Most of us don't appreciate opera but we do appreciate talent when we see it - and Lys Agnes is obviously talented at what she does.

The only act I picked that didn't make it was Echo the Parrot. It was obvious after the last show that we had seen all his tricks. So Bye, Bye, Birdie. He was my replacement pick after I kicked ELEW out of my top 8. It turns out ELEW was a professional muscian. Even though he was obviously brilliant at playing the piano, this show isn't about professionals. It is about helping Joe Shmo on the corner make it and do something better with their lives.

That is the beauty of the show.

No comments: