Saturday, January 14, 2012

Drama at Lee Terrace

There has been a lot of drama here since Thanksgiving. A woman (who was very nice and hadn't lived here very long) was found dead in her apartment the day after Thanksgiving. Her brother was in the hospital. I didn't think too much about it at the time (people die here all the time) but it turns out there was much more to the story.

Apparently drugs were involved. She died, her brother went into the hospital AND her caregiver went into the hospital as well. The police have been here umpteen times since then and they are searching everyone's apartments with drug dogs. For those of you who don't know when you move into section 8 housing you have to sign to give consent for them to enter anytime they want. The haven't searched my apartment yet but I think by the time they are finished they will have searched every apartment in the building at least once.

Now this Thief had BALLS! We have a policeman who lives in the building. Apparently someone stole his car! Not the cruiser but his personal car. It is even more confounding because the parking lot is on camera so I can't figure out why in the world they don't know who took it????

Now for the true humor of the week. One of our residents who shall remain nameless apparently went off her rocker last week. People started coming to me and telling me that she was running down the middle of the road chasing her little dog. This was amazing to everyone because she usually has problems walking and most of the time she has someone walk her dog for her.

Then I heard someone else talking about how she went off on him. She told him that she "hated fags and if he didn't get away from her she was going to take her belt buckle off and cut him. She also told him he was an abomination against God and he deserved to die. He told her to get away from her before he did something she would be sorry for but she kept berating him until he was forced to walk away. I guess I should tell you that she is over 60 so there wasn't much he could do but be completely bumfuzzled by her behaviour because she is normally so nice and mellow and he couldn't believe what he was hearing. I was quite amazed when he told me who said it to him myself. I though it was the crazy woman on the fourth floor but it was....

Then I went to get on the elevator and there was the little dog running around the lobby with no leash. So I knew something major had to be wrong. I turned toward the elevator and there was... and the preacher. She was smoking on the elevator!!! I was flabbergasted. I exclaimed,"....you're smoking!" She started to laugh and told me they had posted a memo and if you smoked Pall Mall Lights then you were allowed to smoke." (this is a no smoking in public areas building by the way) Then she invited me on the elevator with her, the dog, the preacher and the cigarette! For those of you who don't know I am on oxygen and getting on the elevator with a cigarette would be completely out of the question.

I had forgotten what they told me about her losing her mind until that moment. One of the other residents grabbed me by the arm and told me, "she's cuckoo." Then I remembered they had told me she was off her rocker but it was still amazing to witness the change in her. I thought she was dipping into the other old lady's meds that she lives with but it turns out she is bipolar and she had thrown her meds away. The preacher spent the day talking her into going into the hospital and as far as I know she is still there getting her meds regulated.

Life is never boring around here.

I should mention that I had my stress test yesterday. Eddie spent the day taking care of me and I seem to have recuperated nicely. It seems it is time for me to increase my activity levels some more.

Yah!

No comments: