Saturday, February 25, 2012

If You Could Go On a Reality TV Show, What Would It Be?

I am a reality TV junkie. I would love to go on Survivor. The show started when I was caring for my dad and I couldn't leave him to try out for the show. After he died I intended to try out at the first opportunity but I started getting sick (with my heart unbeknownst to me). At first I intended to get stronger and then go on the show. Now I know it will be an unreallized dream.

However, I did qualify to go on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" 7 times back in the Regis days. Back then you had to call in and answer 5 fastest finger type questions. They qualified 40 people daily and then 10 were drawn randomly to be on the show. (as I understood it) I was thrilled the first few times I qualified. I just knew I was going to go on the show and leave a millionaire. There was one thing I could say about myself in those days, "I was a veritable fount of useless knowledge."

I never did make it through the drawing to be in the final ten.

If I had on iota of talent I would go on America's Got Talent. But since I don't ... oh well. I keep trying to discover acts however. I have a really cool mouth harp act that I am going to submit on the youtube auditions this year. I wan't get anything out of it though. Just the pleasure of saying, "I knew them when...."

No comments: