Monday, February 6, 2012

My Life's Dream is to Catch this Fish

We've all heard about them. They are in the deepest, darkest parts of our rivers. They are bottom feeders, so we never get a glimpse of them. I have heard that they were underneath the silver bridge when it collapsed. That the divers were so scared that they refused to go back down to recover the bodies. They are so big that supposedly you would get sucked in just by their breathing if you swam in front of one. The size of a volkswagon even! I don't know if it's true, but I sure would like to catch one of them bad boys. image

I also met a guy once who told me that he used to be an underwater welder. He said he quit when he was welding under a bridge one day. He thought he was standing on the base of the river. All of a sudden he felt the ground move under his feet. He wasn't on the bottom. He was standing on top of the biggest fish he had ever seen! imageIt scared him so bad he never went back. Of course I have no way of verifying that story.

I have heard stories all my life about these fish. Since the advent of the internet and Animal Planet I have learned that similiar stories exist all over the country and all over the planet. Seems to me some of them must be based in fact.

I sure hope so. I'll keep tryin' image

No comments: