Sunday, April 1, 2012

I went to another railroad show today

I love these things. I have been to the Kanawha Valley Model Railroad Museum several times a year for the past few years. It fascinates me. I have seen a big railroad show advertised every year but I was either too late or had to work so I kept missing it. Today I saw an ad for "The Collis P. Huntington Railroad Club" in Dunbar and there was only a couple of hours to go before it closed. So I went.

I loved it. The way these people recreate a whole world around a train is really cool. I have videos in my video section from the Kanawha Valley Railroad Club which I also posted on you tube. I took videos today and will upload them as soon as I figure out how to do it. It is the first time I have used the camera that my uncle loaned me.

Seems he and my aunt get a tickle out of some of my stuff and he told me to "have at it."

One of the displays today recreated a carnival/circus. It was really cool and I can't wait to put the video online. I spoke with the woman he made it and it is truly a passion for these people and you can tell it in their work. If I had some cash I would do it myself. It has to be an expensive hobby.

No comments: