Monday, July 9, 2012

One of my Stranger Posts

Yah! I don't have bed bugs!

The really good news is I NEVER had them.

About a week ago I was watching tv in the television room downstairs in my building. There was a bug on me. I had just been in the garden so I didn't think too much about it. Two days later I was watching tv in the same chair and out of the corner of my eye I saw a tiny little bug crawling on the chair.

I jumped up. I looked at it. It was small. Smaller than a flea. It didn't jump or fly it crawled like an ant but it was smaller than an ant. Then the lightbulb came on over my head. It didn't look like a bed bug but there are bed bugs in the building. I had seen one once and it looked nothing like what I had seen but I didn't want to take any chances so I went and got Doug, the maintenance man.

He checked the chair and just for cautions sake closed the tv room until he could have the bug guy come and check it. He told me I also needed to call in to have my apartment checked which I promptly did. I had seen an adult bed bug before but he told me what I was describing was what they looked like when they hatch.

Also, while we were talking, I told him the only other person's name who also used the chair. That's when he told me they had just sprayed "Ben's" apt. (not his real name) When I asked if they did it as a precaution or if he actually had them he told me that Ben actually had them.

That was the nail in the coffin for me. Even though I had not seen them in my apartment and I had not been bitten I couldn't take any chances. I threw away my pillows and washed my bedclothes in hot water. I haven't had anything on the bed since.

The bug guy came and checked my apartment this morning. I have no bugs. He also checked the tv room. No bugs there either. So, at least in my small part of the world the bed bug epidemic is under control.

No comments: