Friday, December 3, 2010

It's not an insult....

...TO WISH SOMEONE

1. Merry Christmas

2. Happy Chanukkah

3. Season's Greetings

4. Happy Kwanzaa

5. Happy Holidays

6. kuwa na krismasi njema

7. any other seasonal greeting that I can't think of right now

If someone cares enough to wish you a "happy holiday", please don't give them a lecture about how it is a crime to say "merry christmas" nowadays. Nothing turns my stomach more than to wish someone well and get a lecture because of it...and that includes my comment section!

If someone wishes you a "merry christmas", please thank them and take these lovely seasonal greetings in the spirit in which they are intended.

None of them was EVER meant to be an insult.

Last night I had a lovely conversation with a woman who enjoys Christmas as much as I do - It was refreshing.

No comments: