Tuesday, April 12, 2011

documentation

A few weeks ago the maintenance man came to me and asked me if I knew who had hidden an apartment key in the tv lounge behind the bookcase.

I didn't know and I told him so. I assumed he had asked me because I watch tv in there all the time. He told me he was going to go see whose key it was. He said he could tell by the serial number on the key.

I didn't think anything else about it.

This morning, Eddie, came to me and told he he had changed the locks on his apartment. He said while he was gone over the weekend that someone had taken some money. He said he asked Ed, the landlord, to check the video tapes and Ed told him that he reviewed the tapes and no one was in his apartment.

Eddie made him change the locks.

When Eddie told me about this he mentioned that he had hidden a key and it was missing. Alarm bells started to sound in my head. I asked if he had hidden the key in the lounge behind the bookcase. He said "YES".

I told him that Harold had found the key a few weeks ago. I also told him that Harold had told me about it and he also told me he was going to check the serial number to the key to find the owner.

Harold never went to Eddie. Seems strange. Harold has a master key to all the apartments so he wouldn't need Eddie's key to get in.

Something is not right.

No comments: