Thursday, April 14, 2011

Now my life is truely over - ABC canceled "One Life To Live"

I have been watching that soap since about 1977 or as I like to put it, "when Vicki's first baby was stolen!" I truely thought it was one of the funniest moments in soap history when her second baby was stolen and she exclaimed, " oh no! not again!" as she raced from the room.

One Life to Live has been the one constant in my life, I guess. I started watching over summer vacation when I was in the 8th. grade. I continued to watch as I went to school and as I worked over the years. Since I have mostly had evening or night jobs it seemed to always fit into my schedule.

Even in the dog business when I was working 18 hours days I could count on my afternoon nap and the soap would be playing in the background. My brain was programmed to wake up when General Hospital would come on and I would take off for another evening at the races after finishing the morning work around 11 or 12 that day.

Lately even Eddie has become addicted to it. He discovered early on that I was "busy" from 2 to 3 every day. Since I don't have cable he lets me come down and watch it at his place and we generally enjoy a game of rummy. I even taught him how to play backgammon a couple of months ago.

I feel a real pang in my heart about this.

Silly. I know.

No comments: