Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lesson Learned

I was on my beloved 100 acres one day and I decided to go to my car to get my duffle bag. Well I was already naked because I was going to take a shower but that didn't matter because I was in the middle of 100 acres by myself. When I got in my car I decided to move it to a more advantageous spot to leave. I figured why move it later when I can move it now. The easiest way to turn it around was to drive it down the hill and turn around beside the main road. So that is what I did.

Unfortunately for me the car got stuck in the mud. Here I was sitting beside the main road( it was 3:00 and school buses were going by and all the traffic that goes with them) stuck in the mud-buck naked. There were no clothes in the car or blankets or cover of any kind. It was hot that day and I sat there with the heat building up inside of the car because I didn't want to roll down the windows or somebody would see me.

Finally I saw my chance. There was a break in traffic. I threw open the door and started running for the woods. I couldn't run up the road because you could see to the top of the hill from the road. Right when I hit the woods a car rounded the curve. I don't know if it saw me but I do know that running up a mountain in bare feet(and body) is not a fun thing. The ground was full of rocks and briars and all sorts of painful things to hurt my tender skin.

I learned my lesson. I never drove my car naked again!

No comments: