Friday, April 13, 2012

Check Out This Bowl of Fat

I made homemade barbeque last night. I got tired and decided to turn off the burner and finish cooking it this morning. I put the kettle containing an almost shredded pork roast in the refrigerator for the night. When I got it out this morning It had a layer of fat on top that filled up this bowl!

Just think, I would have eaten all that fat if I hadn't decided to finish cooking it today. That is at least a thousand calories of pure saturated pork fat that would have been in that kettle. It will make at least 10 to 15 barbeques. That is probably a savings of around 100 calories for every barbeque. I think that this will be the way I make my barbeque in the future. I have always heard that you could get a lot of fat out of food this way but I didn't realize THERE WAS SO MUCH OF IT!

No comments: