Saturday, July 9, 2011

I went to "Live on the Levee" Last Night

It was nice. Andy Griggs was the featured artist and I knew a couple of the songs that he had that were hits. They were "You Won't Ever Be Lonely," and "She's More." Buckstone opened up for him. They were good as well.

They have "Live on the Levee" every Friday night through the summer but I usually have to walk so far by the time I park and heat is a real problem for me. Last night the weather was great and at one point I enjoyed a beautiful sunset as it beamed across the river and the sun went behind the mountain. The song he was singing seemed to fit the moment perfectly.

I only had to walk a block. While I was tired I wasn't devastated as I have been in the past by the walk. There was once I almost passed out from it and I had stopped and rested 2 or 3 times along the way. I may try to do it again before the summer is over but that is the night I am supposed to be in the computer room, so I'll just have to play it by ear.

I have seen 3 of my doctors in the past couple of weeks. I have one to go on Monday. They are all "thrilled" by my recent progress with the only caveat being that I need to lose weight. It doesn't take a doctor to figure that one out. I'm working on it as well as working on getting stronger. My oxygen doctor doesn't even want to see me for a year! whooo hooo! Monday's doctor visit is just a formality. He will just put the rubber stamp on what my other doctors have already said.

Here's to me getting stronger...

No comments: