Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Here's the only review that I pay attention to!"

I was working at the worst job I ever had - Pizza Hut!

I was the only waitress and we were in the middle of a god awful lunch rush. In walked the "mystery man" from corporate to do my review. (of course I knew who he was!) I was trying to keep whole families happy and not screw up any orders and this "ya - hew" wants me to give him impeccable service!

"NOT!"

I got to him when I could and I ignored him as much as humanly possible while still giving the paying customers the best possible service that I could give them. I basically slopped him his order and left him his check and went on my merry way. That night when I was ready to leave the manager called me into his office. "You have gotten me the worst review of my career! I know you do better work than this. What in the hell was wrong with you today?"

I smiled at him and I reached over and grabbed my tip card. I was the highest tip earner of the day by about double what anybody else had. (I made sure to report every penny that day. Usually I just made sure I came in second every day)

I looked the manager in the eye and I said, "This is the only review that I pay attention to. I knew who that guy was from corporate and as far as I'm concerned I was so busy that he should have gotten off his lazy ass and to help me with that lunch rush! Now do what ever you want to do to me!"

I walked out.

He never said another word to me about it.

No comments: