Monday, January 30, 2012

"Have you looked at the Sport's Illustrated model's face?"

That is the question I asked my boss once. He was in love with a girl named Kristie, who would not give him the time of day. They came out with the Sport's Illustrated Cover Model Issue and I noticed that the model looked exactly like Kristie. (2001 issue)

Now John being the hot-blooded all-American male that he is - I could not resist asking him the question, so I headed back to his office. I told him I had a question for him and I also told him that he had to wait until I finished the question to answer. He was intrigued.

So I asked, "Have you looked at the Sport's Illustrated cover model's ...face." I could tell by the time I got to the point in the question when I said " Sport's Illustrated" he was chafing at the bit to answer me. He was ready to blurt out "yes!" until I actually said the word "FACE". Then he looked at me blankly and asked "why?"

Of course I started laughing because that was the exact response that I expected to get from him. I told him that I wouldn't tell him why but to go to the front of the store and "actually look" at her face and he would know the answer. He immediately wheeled around and headed for the front of the store.

He came back a few minutes later, magazine in hand, with a big smile on his face. He said "She looks just like Kristie." There was disbelief in his voice. I had to kid him some more and I told him if he wasn't such a sexist pig he would have known it without me having to point it out to him.

Have you ever noticed that a fair percentage of men actually talk to your boobs instead of looking you in the eye. You have to wave at them sometimes and yell "Hey, I'm up here!"

This is just another example of that.

No comments: