Thursday, February 2, 2012

National Wear Red Day is Today

It is to show support for women's heart disease research. I have heart failure. Here is what a typical bad day is for me. When things are going well I have a couple of bad days a month. When things are bad, well....I take each day as it comes.

4 a.m. - take fluid pill

4 a.m. to 7 a.m. - go to bathroom about 5 times. On a bad day just lay back down and even sleep between trips. On a good day get the dishes and trash and such done.

7 a.m. - sleep ( I think the meds put me back to sleep about that time) I take them early so the effects will be over before I start my day.

9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - wake up, bathroom again, perform my day's toilette

11:30 - meds again - lunch (buffer for meds)

force myself to go out and do some sort of errand. On a bad day just go back to bed and hope I feel better later in the day.

2 - I watched One Life to Live for 30 years. Trying to figure that one out now. Nap most days

3 p.m. - wake up, hope I feel like getting out of the house. I seem to have a 3 p.m. reset button in my body. I think it is from all those years in the dog business. During winter I try to do something outside because this is the warmest time of day. I can't breathe if the temperature is below 32 or over 90. Then I confine my activities to indoor. On a bad day I just lay down some more.

5 p.m. - work 2 or 3 days a week until 9 p.m.

9 p.m. - come home completely exhausted even if we weren't busy.

10 p.m. - meds again, eat again or meds will kill my stomach.

11:30 p.m. - sleep, hopefully until 4 but not usually

me on a bad day..................................................

No comments: