Monday, April 18, 2011

"I can drive this road with my eyes closed"

We were on our way to my grandparent's house one day. There was a very sharp curve on the way at a place called Monitor. My dad made the statement that he had driven the road so many times that he could do it with his eyes close.

I decided to test that statement. Right in the middle of the curve I reached over the back seat and put both my hands over both his eyes. He slammed on the brakes! He yelled and expletive to God!

Fortunately he scared me so bad that I jumped back and he could see again almost immediately and he didn't lose control of the car! I was not a happy child when we got home that night.

Then there was the time I had done something to my little brother. I couldn't have been more than 6 years old. My mom was asking me how I could do such a thing and I remember taking the back of my wrist and putting it against my forehead (just like an actress in an old soap) and saying, "something came over me!"

I seem to remember sailing into a wall as well. I NEVER used that excuse again.

No comments: