Sunday, May 22, 2011

How Inconvenient

It looks like I'm going to live past the 5 year mark that the Dr.s gave me and I am already a year past the 3 year mark that SS gave me.

That's a good thing.

I am walking farther everyday and I can tell a difference in my stamina.

Here's the problem. I am no where near physically ready to work full time. I will keep working on it. I applied to WV rehab services a couple of years ago but they determined rehabbing me would be a waste of time since I was undoubtedly going to die soon. I wanted to be able to find a job to support myself IN CASE I didn't die - which is what is happening now.

On the plus side I have honed my writing skills and my computer skills over the years because I was unable to do anything else but watch tv for so long. I just have to figure out a way to make money with them. Lots of people do.

I can't quit my job. It is my safety net. They cater to my every scheduling need and there is no other workplace on earth that is going to do that. I have had several job offers for better paying jobs but the people that offer them don't realize what my limitations are. Fruth does.

Yah for Fruth, Yah for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, Yay for Fruth. I'm sure it is sheer determination that keeps you going, so keep it up!

I'm not sure if you visit this site enough to read any of my comments. I have visions of you finding a huge bunch of them in about six months time. LOL.