Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's a Myth

SNAKES DON'T HIBERNATE.

It is a myth. When I lived on my 100 acres, I saw snakes every month of the year. I saw snakes in the snow. I saw snakes when it was below 32 degrees. It didn't matter what time of year it was - there were snakes.

I will admit though that they move alot slower when it is cold. They kind of reminded me of snails they were so slow.

Also every snake I ever saw except for one was slithering AWAY from me. That one made up for all the rest. I was on my riding lawnmower and I looked down to see him pinging, pinging the side of my mower with his head. It could have just as easily been my leg. It was very disconcerting.

I only killed one snake. I pulled up to see my psychokitty playing with it on my porch. I decided to teach him that he was supposed to kill it - not play with it. I remember when I hit it with the hoe (to chop it in half) it was looking at me as if to say, "what did I ever do to you". I never killed another one.

No comments: