Saturday, March 14, 2009

What Were You Doing 5 Years Ago?

2009 - blogging my life away, congestive heart failure

2004- taking care of my dad. he died in november 2004. i took care of him for 2 and 3/4 years. the doctors gave him a week to ten days to live when I took him home.

1999- greyhound trainer. living on my 100 acres

1994- greyhound trainer. my first litter of pups had hit the tracks and I was on top of the world

1989- greyhound trainer. I passed my trainer's test and became officially licensed

1984- quit a very good government job at P.R.I.D.E. (community action agency), started beauty school

1979- 11th. grade. , riding around with "the gang" in my little red toyota

1974- 6th. grade., my life was filled with books, monopoly and bicycles

1969- 1st. grade., me and Suzanne would run into the classroom after every recess and pull a Dr. Seuss book off the shelf and turn to the page that said, "AND THE POODLE WAS EATING NOODLES, AND THE NOODLES WERE EATING POODLES" and we would laugh our heads off at the picture of a poodle inside of a bottle eating a bowl of noodles (picture a ship in a bottle) I wish I could remember the name of that book!

1964- 2 years old, my brother, Billy, was born. I can remember living in a garage apartment on the east end of Logan. I remember taking our car to the creek to wash it and my new toy broom floating away in the creek.

No comments: