Sunday, April 6, 2014

It was a Happy Turkey Day - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

It was a Happy Turkey Day - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster




as usual I drew things out into several days. {#basic-tongue-out.gif}
  I ate a lot of stuff I'm not supposed to have but I don't have a food
hangover today so I guess I met my goal of not stuffing myself more
than the turkey. {#chick08.gif}

I
woke up feeling good because I didn't wear myself out cooking and
getting ready for the day.  Friends and family alike invited me over and
one friend in particular wouldn't take no for an answer when she said
she was going to bring me a plate, so I ended up at her house and my
Great Aunt and Uncle's house.  The only black spot was I had to leave
both places early because I needed to get on my oxygen and I am too
stubborn to shlep it to somebody elses house. (there are other words in
my vocabulary to describe that but I'll stick with stubborn) {#stick-bash.gif}

I
baked a cake the day before and took half to my friends house.  I froze
the other half so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it.  The only thing I
cooked yesterday was mashed potatoes and I did that for breakfast.  I
also thawed the turkey breast I had cooked a few weeks before and had
some of the gravy that my friend sent over.  A most stellar Thanksgiving
breakfast I must say. {#basic-smile.gif}

Then
I got my Frankie Veltri Dinners and had one for lunch.  I have 3 left
and I will check on some people today who I will more than likely give
them a dinner because they need one for whatever reason.

I went to
my Aunt and Uncle's house because I was craving a little family
company.  They are good, salt of the earth people and I saw one of my
newer baby cousins - Ozzy! {#eyes.gif}
  Patty sent me home with plenty of leftovers and I stopped by my
friend's house and gave her some sweet potato cassarole and some
cranberry salad.  I love the stuff but I don't want the sweets around
me.  She had cornish hen, kale with neckbones (which was great - I 've
never had it), dressing and potatoes and gravy.  It was delicious.  I
also gave her at least 5 lbs. of potatoes and a pair of tennis shoes
from the food basket I got.  Those were some nice tennies too! {#thumbs_up.gif}

So, I'll behaving leftovers for days but I love them.{#embarassed.gif}

My
nephew decided he would rather spend the day shopping and eating at
Shoney's.  I won't get into my feelings about that.  I guess times are
changing but retail workers make next to nothing and one of the few
benefits they ever got was the 3 "biggies" off from work.  Now they have
to work so greedy people who don't know how to shop for a deal go in
and get their "great sales".  What the lightweights don't realize is
that this is just the first round of cuts.  There will be better sales
right before Christmas.{#duel.gif}

So, I hope all of you had as good a turkey day as I did. I was able to see the blessings I have in my life once again.{#floating.gif}

No comments: