Sunday, April 6, 2014

Let's Take the Sting Out of "Merry Christmas": - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

Let's Take the Sting Out of "Merry Christmas": - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster




Bet you think you know what I am going to say.

Well, you don't.

In
recent years there has been a trend away from wishing people a "Merry
Christmas".  Instead people are gravitating to "Happy Holidays" and
"Season's Greetings" which is more inclusive of all the holidays of the
season.  And this is fine.

Here is MY problem.

I wish
everyone a "Merry Christmas" during this season. And people seem to be
most appreciative of it.  In fact, I have only had one person ever look
at me and say, "I don't celebrate Christmas."  And to that person I
said, "Well then you have a most wonderful day."  She immediately burst
into a smile and wished me a wonderful day as well.

 The
people who drive me ABSOLFUCKINLUTELY NUTS are my fellow "Merry
Christmas" aficionados.  8 times out of 10 when you wish someone a
"Merry Christmas" these days you get a speech about how grateful they
are that you wished them a "Merry Christmas" because there is an attack
against people who say it.


I worked retail for the past 12
years. (I don't work any longer)  I wore my Santa hat to work everyday. 
I also had a "Mrs. Claus" name tag because so many children mistook me
for Mrs. Claus.  I would wish each of my customers "Merry Christmas" as
they came through my line.  I never once got into trouble from my boss
for it.  In fact my bosses often commented that they had customers
thanking them for my wishes.

I wished people of every ethnicity
and Nationality "Merry Christmas".  They could see that I meant it with
the blessings of the season and that salutations were heartfelt.  Some
would wish me a "Merry Christmas as well", some would wish me "Season's
Greetings" or the more common "Happy Holidays".  Every now and then I
would get a "Happy Hanukkah" or even a "Happy Kwanzaa".  I would be most
appreciative of those wishes as well because they all are well wishes
for the season and they are meant in the same spirit as my beloved
"Merry Christmas".

It is just nice to see people enjoying the
season instead of giving a political lecture about the merits of "Merry
Christmas".  So the next time someone wishes you a "Merry Christmas"
just wish them a "Merry Christmas" as well.  Save the lecture.

Or you can always opt for the ever popular "Bah Humbug!"

frohe-weihnachten-0050.jpg from 123gifs.eu Download & Greeting Card

weihnachten-0238.gif from 123gifs.eu Download & Greeting Card                

                 Happy Hanukkah banner animation

Seasons Kittens picture

 Glitter animation "Happy Kwanzaa"

No comments: