Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Pictures Don't Do It Justice - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

My Pictures Don't Do It Justice - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster







www.ubbminersmemorial.com/


Upper Big Branch was the
last Major Mining Disaster in West Virginia. This is also a monument to
all fallen coal miners and it also gives the history of coal mining in
the state.


Names of the twenty nine who
died. Two men survived. One was able to return to work a couple of
years later. The other will never work again because of his injuries.


Even though the memorial is
wedged between the road and the creek (as everything is in southern West
Virginia), there is a beautiful view.


Me - paying my respects. Eddie and I took the trip to see it today. I was surprised by the reverence that the site inspired.

No comments: