Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Have you ever sleepwalked and known you were doing it WHILE you were still doing it?

I have. I have also driven in my sleep. It was frightening to wake up about 5 miles from my house on a very curvy stretch of road. I suspect that I was having trouble negotiation those curves which is what probably woke me up to begin with.

Anyway, back to the sleepwalking and being aware of it while you do it but still not being able to stop.

1. I woke up in the car. It was raining outside. I looked around to get my bearings and decided to go back into the house. Once outside of the car, in the rain, I decided that before I went back inside the house I had to go around back and get the 18 St. Bernard puppies and get them out of the rain. (remember I'm dreaming) I walked around the house to the patio. I bent over and scooped up all the puppies. I carried them back around the house to the garage.

I can remember walking with my arms extended fulling in front of me cradling those nonexistant St. Bernard Puppies. I don't remember going back into the house. The next day my mom asked me why I was outside in the rain and covered with grass when I came back into the house. She said that when she asked me what I was doing the night before, I told her I was putting up the puppies and went on to bed.

2. I woke up one night and I had to go to the bathroom. When I was walking down the hallway past the top of the stairs, I had to step carefully. I was on a sinking ship in a stormy sea. I could see the foam of the ocean swirling around the broken boards as I carefully navigated my way across the ship.

Even though I could see I was in the hallway, I could clearly see the foamy waves and I knew if I missed a step I would be hurled into the dark, murky, depths of the sea. (i.e. down the stairs!)

No comments: