Monday, May 30, 2011

"She stubbed her toe"

That used to be the country way of saying,"she got pregnant and she's not married."

"It's snowin' down south," was a way of saying, "your slip is showing."

What made me think of the "stubbed her toe" thing was the fact that I dropped a whole, large jar of banana peppers on my foot this morning. I am now waiting to see if I broke 3 of my little toes. If I did break them, does it matter? What do they do for broken toes anyway?

I can walk, but that foot is greatly swollen. Of course that could be due to my overindulgence in salt this holiday weekend. I have had a great weekend. I have spent it like I used to spend all my holidays before I got sick. I haven't been able to do that in 5 years. I just have to wait and see if I "stubbed my toe."

No comments: