Monday, May 30, 2011

The Wallet

My dad only kept one present that I gave him in all the years he was alive. I bought him expensive gifts, cheap gifts and even made him a few. The one thing that he kept was a check that I gave him for $1,000,000. I found it when I was going through his wallet when I was taking care of him before he died.

I gave him that check, I think, for Father's Day one year. I handed him the check and I told him that he couldn't cash it because it would bounce. I told him that as soon as I made $300 and deposited it, he could cash the check. He smiled and told me that it would be worth it to him to give me the $300 so that he could go ahead and collect the money.

I told him, "No, you'll just have to wait, I earned that much and I am going to earn the rest myself!"

Of course, I never did make that $300. But he kept the check.

No comments: