Sunday, March 15, 2009

2007

I did not have an eventful year. I guess my favorite thing is the improvement in my health. A couple of weeks ago I cut my medicine in half. I went to the dr. the other day and I am awaiting blood test results to see if he agrees with my decision. I am proud to say that my cholesterol is now 187. That is well below the minimum acceptable level of 200.

I also improved enough to get an apartment by myself. I quit renting rooms from people. That was a rollercoaster ride in itself. I am waiting approval from HUD about getting rental assistance for my apartment. Social Security gave me a raise at the first of the year. I get $741 an month now. After I pay my rent, car payment and insurance that leaves me $9 to live on each month.

I am thankful for my job at Fruth. Most places would have fired me for the way I work but they give me every concession that I need. Actually that silly little job keeps me alive. If it weren't for that job I would probably be dead. It gives me a reason to get out of bed (so does this blog for that matter).

I like my routine. If I don't work (3 evenings a week usually) then I go to the library or swimming in the summer. I can't wait for summer.

No comments: