Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dunbar Critter Dinner

I decided to celebrate President's Day by doing something that I have wanted to do for years. I went to the Dunbar Critter Dinner. It is an annual dinner hosted by the nearby town of Dunbar. They had as assortment of exotic meats. I tried everything but the mountain oysters. (for those of you who don't know they are cow's balls or something like that!) Anyway I had ostrich, kangaroo, bear, bear chili, buffalo, bear barbeque(it was the best thing they had). I had some reindeer sausage (I felt a little guilty about that one) and even a frog leg. I passed on the various deer meats and alligator because I have had plenty of that in my life. The rabbit was good too. I didn't see any squirrel which was a disappointment. Also I expected to see quail and rattlesnake meat which they didn't have either.

It was fun and it was nice to do because I got to cross it off my list of things that I would like to do but never have. I have a lovely hunter's orange t-shirt to commemorate the day. I will wear it to work tonight. That is what sucks about today. I will be suffering before the night is over but I really wanted to go to that stupid dinner and I'll be glad that I did when I look back on it.

No comments: