Sunday, March 15, 2009

I love a good scareIV

I lived in a haunted house once. In fact I often wonder if it caused my divorce. I was happily married until the day I left. That is when my ex went bonkers and spent 3 days trying to kill me. This all started on Friday the 13th. which until that day I had never given any particular significance to.

Soon after moving into this house I started to have strange, violent dreams about a baby being slammed into the bedroom wall. I would also wake up thinking that someone was in the room with me and even be too scared to look. Sometimes I would look up and see a shadowy, filmy presence in the doorway. I would hear strange pounding music at night. One time it became so loud that I shouted for it to pipe down - and it did. The strangest thing I saw was a remote control car we had would start up and drive down the hall by itself. It would even turn the corner and not wreck when it did it. I took the batteries out of it and it still did it.

I had moved into this house after a friend of mine had moved out of it. About 2 weeks after I moved in she came to visit and I asked her why she didn't tell me the house was haunted. Her reaction told me that she knew exactly what I was talking about even before she answered me. We compared notes and we had experienced exactly the same things. She also told me that she had talked to the woman who had lived there before her and she had the same stuff happen to her. In all three cases the men of the house did not notice anything going on.

We each had a different circle of friends. When we checked the history of the house here is what we found out. At the turn of the century there was a church there. It was not a traditional church. It was a combination of christianity and some sort of Seminole Indian religion. (I'm sorry the name of it escapes me right now). Also there was a man who lived there in the 30's. He was a mean alcoholic and very abusive to his wife and many children.

I had to leave my husband after 12 years of a very happy, prosperous marriage because he freaked out one night and started to beat and try to kill me. I ended up having to call the police. I left the house the next morning and I tried to talk to him several times over the next couple of days but he kept trying to kill me. (Strangle, knife, gun, beatings) I was dealing with a man whom I had never seen before. I ended up leaving for good because I couldn't trust him again.

I never had those dreams or experiences before or after leaving that house.

No comments: