Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not Again

I went back in the hospital again last week. This may be the closest I have come to dying since the first time I went in. I was in A-Fib (I am still researching exactly what that means). On the one hand they kept telling me that it wasn't serious, but on the other hand they took an awful lot of life saving measures with me and they wouldn't let me out of sight of a nurse even when I had to go take tests. ( They usually just let an orderly take you down)

Actually I was feeling quite well (I thought) by about 9:30 in the morning. I went in around 7:30 a.m. (which tells you how fast they went to work on me). Then they gave me some new medicine and it caused my blood pressure to bottom out and there were about 5 people hanging out working on me. I can't remember what they were doing though. When I woke up around 3p.m. they told me that they would be keeping me. So I stayed overnight.

The next evening a new doctor came in to see me. We were both very surprised to see each other because I wait on him at Fruth all the time. He wanted to keep me but I told him that he has seen me much worse at Fruth than I felt then and I was working to boot. He knew this was true because he has seen me on some really bad days at work. So he agreed to let me go home.

I recovered quickly this time. Unfortunately I am on 2 more new medicines now plus all the old ones. Usually it takes me about 3 days of lying in bed to feel better after one of these episodes. Maybe this new medicine is doing the trick and maybe since the doctor knows me personally he will try to get to the bottom of things instead of letting me twist in the wind.

No comments: