Sunday, March 15, 2009

Arachnophobia

We had moved onto a small farm in the middle of Loxahatchee, Fla. which is nothing but swamp. We had to rebuild the trailer from the floor up. Bobby had just finished installing the bathroom and I was christening the toilet. I looked over and saw the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life! It was bigger than my hand! It was brown and spindly. I immediately stopped in mid pee. I didn't think until that moment that such a thing was even physically possible, but it was instinctive and it is!

I started to call for Bobby in the loudest gasp of a whisper that I could get to come out of my body. I couldn't move. Fortunately he was in the next room and heard me. Even he let out a yelp when he saw it. After he killed it it was still huge and you know how a spider shrivels up when you kill it!

The spiders in that swamp are brown recluse spiders. They are poisonous and they are very aggressive. If you go to kill one and you miss - IT WILL ATTACK YOU! The place was infested with them and I still have a severe case of arachnophobia after living there! I can't even handle seeing toy spiders at halloween

No comments: