Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mrs. Claus is exhausted

Here is how my Christmas went

1. I started selling Christmas Trees the day after Thanksgiving. I was doing OK (if you don't count my time - and I don't) until about 2 weeks before Christmas. It poured the rain everytime I had a day where I could sell trees and guess what - people don't buy trees in the rain. I ended up breaking even which is OK. I gave away a couple of trees when it became obvious that I wasn't going to sell them all. The people couldn't afford them and they were grateful. That made me happy. I also got a couple of good meals out of it, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I don't count my time because I would have been sitting at home watching tv and working sudoku puzzles if I hadn't been selling christmas trees. Instead I sat in my truck and listened to christmas carols and worked sudoku puzzles all day. Not too much difference really.

2. My neighbor's german shepherd bit me on the knee. It's the first time I have ever been bit out of meanness. My feelings were hurt more than anything else. To add insult to injury I was giving them a Christmas tree when he bit me!

3. I finally got the phone call! One week before Christmas the housing people called. I have my new apartment. I have been moving (including Christmas day). Somehow I knew it would be timed this way - such is my life. I'll be better off in the long run though.

4. I went to see my mom the Sunday before Christmas. She bought hot dogs from my favorite restaurant (my request) Delicious! She seemed irritated that I wasn't coming for christmas but I knew I was going to have to be moving that day. I have to be out by the 1st.

5. I went to my Uncle Gerald's and Aunt Patty's house for Christmas Dinner. (they live 15 minutes away as opposed to over an hour to my mom's house) Dinner was delectable. (My cousin Tim is a chef - every morsel of food that he cooks is like putting a bite of heaven in your mouth!) They sent me home with plenty of leftovers and probably a months supply of venison yummy!

6. My friend Kelly spent yesterday moving my heavy stuff. I helped as much as possible. By the end of the day I truely thought I was going to die.I am still very tired today but I have to go to work for a few hours this evening. Then I am off until Wednesday. That will give me time to clean my old apartment and get the last few bags and boxes of odds and ends out of there.

7. I did not have to pay a pet deposit. Dr. Harrah wrote me a prescription saying that my Fatty Catty was a companion animal. That saved me $300!


No comments: