Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Best Thanksgiving

On my favorite Thanksgiving Holiday I spent the day entirely alone on My Hundred Acres. I had a full dinner with all the trimmings. It was a beautiful fall day and I spent the whole day eating and mowing My Hundred Acres. I also raced my greyhounds with my riding mower and played with them too. They had turkey with me. It was one of the best holidays I have ever had. No pressure from family and friends, just a nice relaxing day.

I saw several deer grazing but I also saw the 3 world record turkeys(wild) that roamed the property. My brother saw them once so I have a witness. They were about 3 feet tall and when they ran their drumsticks pumped like an Olympic Track stars thighs. Their size was mindboggling. If you would have killed one to eat for Thanksgiving dinner then it would have filled up the whole table and you wouldn't have been able to have any trimmings with your turkey. I never did get a picture of one but I will never forget them.

No comments: