Monday, March 31, 2014

West Virginia Chemical Spill Moving Down Ohio River Now - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

West Virginia Chemical Spill Moving Down Ohio River Now - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster



Officials
in Kentucky and Ohio prepare for the arrival of a slow-moving,
60-mile-long chemical cloud, which contaminated the drinking water of
300,000 people in West Virginia. "They could smell it in the air," said
one official. http://on.wsj.com/1dneTna






Me? 
I'm fine now.  I was in the first group of people to be able to flush
my lines.  I had a good long shower that felt so good it put me to
sleep.  Some people are complaining with symptoms after they started
allowing the "good" water back into our homes.  I have no symptoms of
any kind.  I am cleaning with the water as well but I think it will be
awhile before I drink or cook with it.




That's
the big question right now.  Actually the chemical storage facility was
there before the water plant was but the water company certainly knew
it was there.  The chemical plant has been shut down now and I wouldn't
be surprised to see it shut down permanently.  But there is plenty of
blame to go around here ... not just at the chemical company for
negligence but government officials who had not inspected the plant
since 1991 because nothing was manufactured there.  It was a massive
chemical holding facility that flew under the radar screen because
nobody was REQUIRED BY LAW TO CHECK IT SO THEY DIDN'T.


Once again...so much for companies regulating themselves.

No comments: