Monday, March 31, 2014

The Customer is NOT always right - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

The Customer is NOT always right - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster



was working the TA Fuel desk on the midnight shift.  I actually
preferred the shift.  I was my own boss pretty much.  For the most part
the truckers were great guys to work with.  In fact most of the problems
came from local people.  Without a doubt though, one of my worst
customers was a female trucker that came through at about  4 in the
morning one night.

The truckers would get free showers with fill
ups or something along those lines (I can't remember the details
anymore).  You would give them a coupon and they had 30 days to use the
coupon at any TA across the country.  It is a very popular program with
truckers.

Anyway she came in.  She was not buying diesel but she
did have a coupon.  I put the coupon in the machine and it was denied. 
Apparently it had expired at midnight.  It was all computerized.  There
was nothing I could do.  Even the locks on the bathroom doors were
unlocked by those computers.  So I could not have sneaked her in even if
I had wanted to...and she was so hateful I wouldn't have wanted to
anyway.

She threw one hell of a fit.

Finally I had enough of it and I told her off. (one of the perks of my job is that my boss did not expect me to take any crap!)

She
stood there flabbergasted for a minute that a petty clerk would speak
to her that way and then she went off again.  She told me she was going
to report me to the company.  She added that it would not be the first
time that she had cost someone their job.

That's when I really
went off on her.  I said, "So you are telling me that you act like this
at truckstops all over the country and then you cost people their jobs
after you throw your tantrums!"  He mouth flopped open again.  I told
her to go ahead and report me.  I said, "I have 3 jobs. This one pays
the least of any of them.  I could care less if you report me."  I also
let her know how pitiful she was to cost people their jobs by making
unreasonable demands on them that they could do nothing about.

Then
I kicked her out of the store. I told her if she wanted anything she
would have to wait for the next shift to come in about 3 hours.  If she
ever reported me I never heard anything about it.  I like to think that I
embarrassed her so bad that she slinked off to the next truckstop and
acted a little better.

No comments: