Wednesday, April 2, 2014

In the Category of Things that Don't Happen Every Day - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

In the Category of Things that Don't Happen Every Day - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster



Yesterday was a gorgeous day so I decided to have a little picnic by
the river.  I swung by Taco Bell and then went to a local boat dock and
parked right on the river.  The water was a little high but it was
beautiful and peaceful.

At first I parked with a view of the state
capitol building but I was facing downhill and my truck wanted to roll
(I have a standard) so I repositioned my truck facing the other
direction so I could eat in peace and not have to worry about rolling in
the river. (I didn't feel like fooling with the emergency brake {#stick-bash.gif} )

The
view was just as nice and the water just as peaceful.  I noticed a
firetruck up on the South Side Bridge and I thought someone must have
wrecked.  Then I noticed another firetruck on the boulevard and thought
that was unusual that there would be 2 firetrucks that close in
unrelated accidents.

I had just started to eat my taco when here
comes about 5 firemen.  I thought, "crap, this is just great, they are
going to make me move because the water is up."

They didn't.

One
of them asked me if I had seen anything floating in the river.  I told
him no but I had only been there about 5 minutes or so.  He asked me if I
was sure and I told him again that nothing was in the river.  I had not
seen so much as a leaf pass by.

Then he said, "good, someone called and said they saw a baby floating in the river." {#basic-ohsnap.gif}   Talk about ruining a taco.  That would do it! {#basic-ohsnap.gif}

I
assured him I had seen no babies and I asked if that was why the
firetrucks were up on the bridge and he said, "yes."  They were up there
to watch the river to see if they could see any dead babies floating
along.  That is also why I had seen the firetruck on the boulevard. They
were looking for the dead baby as well.

They left after a few minutes.  As far as I know no dead babies were found. {#interested.gif} ...nothing on the news about it anyway.

No comments: