Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"What do you mean, watch him? He's your brother" - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

"What do you mean, watch him? He's your brother" - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster




When Bobby and I were first living together he got the flu or
something.  He was really sick for 3 or 4 days.  On Saturday afternoon
his brother came down and said he couldn't get a date for the night and
he wanted to know if I wanted to go out with him since Bobby was sick
anyway.  I asked Bobby if he minded and he laughed and said, "no".

Just as I was about to go out the door Bobby looked at me and said, 'Watch him."

I said, "what do you mean watch him, he's your brother."

Bobby just smiled and repeated, "watch him."

I
left and Dexter and I drove to Charleston (about an hour away) to go to
the Galaxy 2000.  The greatest disco club in WV at the time.  Almost
from the time we got in the door he was hitting on me.  I tried to
ignore it at first but as I got filled with drink after drink and
various other substances it was getting harder and harder to ignore him.
(It was fun too though because I was one girl who could hold my liqueur
and it was obvious to me he was trying to get me very drunk){#drinking33.gif}

Finally
it reached the point where I looked at him and I said, "I want you to
be the first to know, Bobby and I are getting married."  From that point
on Dexter was a perfect gentleman.  We still partied the night away but
he didn't hit on me anymore for the rest of the night.  It
actually turned into a celebration of my impending wedding to his
brother.

When we pulled into the driveway and I was getting out of
the car to go into the house all of a sudden Dexter grabbed me and laid
one hell of a kiss on me.  Then he let me go and smiled at me and said,
"welcome to the family."  After I shook the kiss out of my head I went
home.{#crazyheart.gif}

Bobby was waiting.  He said, "well, how was it?" And he had a huge grin on his face.

I
replied, "you were right.  I had to watch him."  Bobby doubled over
laughing and I told him about the evening.  The only part that surprised
him was when I told him that his brother backed off when I told him we
were getting married.

Two years later Dexter married a girl who could have been my sister, she looked so much like me.

No comments: