Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Year I Ruined Christmas - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster

The Year I Ruined Christmas - damnpamn's Blog - Blogster









When
I was eleven years old I was a master at sneaking downstairs and
opening presents and putting them back so no one would ever know they
had been touched. I caught my mom away from home shopping one day and
opened every present that I had under the tree. I knew there would be
more on Christmas day so it was no big deal.

Christmas day came
and we went downstairs and I looked around the room and the only
presents were the ones that I had already opened under the tree. They
weren't scattered all over the room like they usually were on Christmas
morning. I did not have even one surprise. Even worse I had to open my
gifts in front of my parents and feign surprise with each one.

Don't
get me wrong. I had plenty of presents that day. I had a very good
Christmas, it was just that I already knew everything that I had
already. It was a lesson that I never forgot and I have never tried to
find out early what a present was even to this day!

No comments: